The Citizen Service Center in the Collectorate is one of its kind in whole of the State. It got operational in the month of May,2007. The Citizen Service Centre has been named as SUGAM. The SUGAM center has 15 counters for delivery of Service to the citizens and a reception for guidance. There are more than 50 services which are being provided under a roof.
The main services are
- Agriculture Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate
- Backward Area Certificate
- Dogra Class Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Legal Heir Certificate
- SC/ST Certificate
- Other Backward Classes Certificate
- Rural Area Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Freedom Fighters Certificate
- Marriage Registration Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Driving Licence Issuance
- Vehicle Registration and related services
- Issuance of Land Records Nakal Jamabandi for whole of the District.
- Payment of Telephone Bills
- Registration of 27 type of Deeds
- Registration of Voters
- Issuance/Renewal of Arms Licence
- Issuance of Senior Citizen Cards
- Issuance of Disability Cards
- Advance Booking in HPTDC Hotels
Highlights of the SUGAM Center
- Hastlefree service to the citizens under a roof.
- No Red Tapism, work on merit only.
- Queue Management System in force.
- Self sustained center.
- Re-engineering has been done for quick delivery of the service to the citizens
- Submission of application and delivery of service at the same place.
A Touch Screen based system has been installed in the District Collectorate for the benefit of the common public, who visits Collectorate for various works. The Citizens Information System provides following information.
- General Information about Shimla.
- Information from Tourist point of View
- Statistical figure of Shimla District
- Information about Fairs & Festival, Temples