e Governance in the District
Shimla has always been a cynosure of many eyes essentially for its natural beauty and historical impact. Apart from being visited by number of Indian and foreign tourists, this beautiful summer capital of erstwhile British Raj in India and the present capital of Himachal Pradesh is now becoming a perfect destination for ICT too.
District Administration has made a long stride in providing many eGovernance Services with the technical knowhow of District Centre of NIC. The District NIC Unit, established in 1988, has been instrumental in bringing IT culture in the District. The major eGovernance activities of District Administration are :
Land Records Computerisation
- Himbhoomi software for Land Records Computerisaton has been implemented in all the 25 Tehsils/Sub Tehsils of the District.
- Himbhoomi Software having modules of Jamabandi, Mutation are in use at Tehsils
- The mutation module is used for updation of land records data and generation of new Jamabandis of villages, which is generated after every five years.
- The project has benefitted the revenue staff in timely preparation of records
- Public has been facilitated by way of availability of ROR at Tehsil Sugam centres or at the LMKs (Lok Mitra Kendra).
- The ROR is generated on real time basis by accessing the Tehsil servers. The public has been provided access to view the Land details on the Revenue Department web site.
- The Location Directory Software has been implemented in all the 26 Tehsils/Sub Tehsils
- The software is used for allotment of new codes to villages and updation of related information of a village
- The Location Directory data is used in Land Records,Property Registeration, Minor Irrigation Census, Circle Rates etc.
- The standard codes allotted to villages are used for generation of District Village Directory and same data is used for generation of State Location Directory
Driving Licence Issuance System (Sarthi)
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been facilitating computerization of over 1300+ Road Transport Offices (RTOs) across the country. RTOs issue Registration Certificate (R.C.) & Driving License (D.L.) that are mandatory requirements and are valid across the country, subject to certain provisions and permissions.
- The Sarthi software has been implemented in all the 11 Registration and Licencing Authorities (RLAs) of the District.
- Sarthi software is comprehensive software used for issuance of New Learner Licence, Permanent Driving Licence, Renewal of DL, Addition of COV, and other transactions.
- The Learner License in non faceless service is issued by this system after applicant has appeared in Screen Test Aid for LL (STALL) and successfully passed it.
- The biometric of the applicant is uploaded by the applicant online through sarthi portal.
- Faceless service is also there to issue the LL,where applicant apply for LL through Aadhaar and give online LL test and take his LL print to his own.
With wide variations in state policies and manual/ system based procedures being followed across the country, it had become necessary to define same standards for these documents on a pan-India level to ensure interoperability, correctness and timely availability of information. SCOSTA committee setup for this purpose had recommended a uniform standardized software across the country. The Ministry thus entrusted National Informatics Centre (N.I.C.) with the task of standardizing & deploying two softwares – VAHAN for Vehicle Registration and SARATHI for Driving Licenses and of compiling the data with respect to Vehicle Registration and Driving Licenses of all the states in State Register and National Register.The applications VAHAN & SARATHI were conceptualized to capture the functionalities as mandated by Central Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 as well as State motor vehicle Rules with customization in the core product to suit the requirements of 36 States and UTs.
Registration of Vehicles (Vahan)
- The Vahan software has been implemented in all the 11 RLAs of the District.
- The software is used for registration of New Vehicles, Transfer of Owner, Addition and Removal of Hypothecation, Issuance of NOC to other RLA, Change of Address etc. The printed RC is generated and software has many reports.
- The portal URL is http://parivahan.gov.in
- e-auction service is also started in all the RLA’s. Through e-auction citizen can bid for their choice number.
- The replication of data has been done with the State Register to National Register.
Arms License Issuance System (ALIS)
- The web based ALIS software is operational in the Collectorate and Sub Divisions.
- All type of New Arms Licenses (Individual, Sports, Institutional) are processes in ALIS
- The ALIS software allots new Unique Identification Number to Fresh License and all the transactions are done on the basis of UIN.
- ALIS is used for Renewal, Extension of Purchase period, Addition of Weapon and many more transactions.
Public Grievance Redressal System (eSamadhan)
- The eSamadhan software has been implemented at the level of DC,SDM and Tehsil,Sub Tehsil level
- eSamadhan has option of accepting the grievance online entered by public and entered directly by the authority.
- Each grievance has been categorized and has fixed disposal time otherwise alerts are raised.
- The status of the authority wise grievances is available online to the Head of Department, Secretaries and Ministers.
- The implementation of this system has introduced transparency in the system and timely disposal of the grievances.
- The main activity of the District Administration is sanctioning of new developmental schemes and monitoring of already sanctioned schemes.
- The Multiuser and Multilevel software is being used for the Planning and Relief Branches in the collectorate.
- All the schemes are being fed into the computer and after getting sanctions from the DC sanction letter is generated from the computer.
- The software has strong query based reports generation system, which are being used for monitoring of schemes.
Inner Line Permit
- The tribal areas of Kinnaur is restricted for the foreigners and they have to get the permits for visiting these areas.
- These permits are issued by the District Administration for specific period.
- The photograph of the foreigner is captured by web cam and printed permits are issued.
Revenue Courts Monitoring System
- Revenue Courts monitoring system has been implemented in 43 Revenue Courts at different locations
- All type of revenue cases are fed into the system and cause list is generated automatically.
- There is provision to upload the judgements for the decided cases.
- Citizens can see the cause list for any court and scanned judgements are available online for downloading.
- The District Authority can monitor all the courts online for number of cases decided, pending etc.
e-District Himachal Pradesh
e-District portal provides 51 online services related to the citizen of Himachal Pradesh like Revenue services, Arm Licence, Certificates etc. through portal edistrict.hp.gov.in.